Copper Sulfate (CuSO4) finished

I had to find a way to remove the CuSO4 from the bottom of the jar. I used a syringe that is used to inject spices into meat, and a length of 1/4″ hose. I then put it into another jar.

It came out cloudy with some precipitate at the bottom. I used a coffee filter to remove it. But that didn’t solve the cloudiness problem, so I looked up some info and found citric acid would remove it. I used about 5 drops of lime juice and let it sit for a few hours. It cleared it right up, with some more precipitate at the bottom. I filtered it, and now it’s clear blue.

It’s not as dark blue as I expected, but it wasn’t bad for a first effort, and it’s usable.

I think I am going to pull up 1 or 2 plants that are basically dead, and transplant some suckers from a plant that isn’t affected by this fungus. Then I will use this CuSO4 (and spray baking soda + water) as a preventative measure. I still have time to get more plants going, if I start them from suckers instead of seed.

I need to remember this for next year.

Advertisements

Posted on July 25, 2015, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: